Old Village Plat Neighborhood Association
Board Meeting Minutes
May 3rd, 2005
The meeting opened at 7:15
- The Board elected to hand deliver the newsletters. The OVP will be divided
into zones or areas and each zone will have a block or area captain. They
will in turn be responsible for the delivery of the newsletters in their
- The Editor of the newsletter will be responsible for the content, format,
style and the organizing of the delivery of the news letter. Mrs. Cooley
informed the Board that she would help out the editor in enlisting block
captains for the news letter delivery.
- The Board approved funding of the
web site. Amount $90.00.
- Mrs. Cooley informed
the Board that the next speaker for the June meeting will be Mr. Benjamin
Tallerico of the Department of Developmental services.
- Social Events: Bev
Heck informed the Board that she had a lot of positive feedback from last
year’s tour. Ad sheets will be given out at the June meeting.
Homes for this year’s tour that she has so far are Coyne, Egan.
Board elected that any ads not paid for by the time the booklet is set up
for printing will not be included.
- The Board expressed interest in hearing
the details for Mr. Floraday’s
city wide Christmas decorating contest.
- Mrs. Cooley informed the Board that
she had a lot of positive feedback from our last speaker. She will send
out a thank you letter on behalf of the Board.
- The Board elected to give out
thank you certificate to our guest speakers in the future.
- The Board would
like our web site to link with the city web site and the city with ours.
The secretary will make the request.
- The Library Board has openings. They
are responsible for the buildings and maintenance. If you know anybody
that might be interested, please have them contact the Mayor Management Board
at City Hall.
- The Board expressed that they do not want to be involved with
the Main street program.
- Members of the Board expressed that not enough
notice was given for the upcoming H.D.C. workshop. The secretary will forward
concerns to the H.D.C.
The meeting closed at 8:00 pm
NEXT GENERAL MEETING
JUNE 7, 2005 CITY HALL
May 15, 2005